OUR DSM PARTNERS
Desire Street partners with leaders in developing thriving and sustainable urban ministries. We currently work intensively with ministry partners who are leaders in varying stages of a 5-7 year partnership agreement. Further, we share our expertise and support with leaders who contact us for counsel. And, through our website provide resources to anyone with internet access.
Below is an interactive map showcasing our partners and reach over thirteen neighborhoods. Roll over to get a glimpse of who they are, where they serve and why we support their work.
Want To Be A Partner?
10 Attributes of a Potential DSM Partner
1. Live in the direct neighborhood you seek to serve.
2. Certified 501c3 non-profit status or incorporated as a church.
3. Engaged in grassroots, holistic, Christ-centered offerings to an under-resourced neighborhood.
4. Actively serving in an official capacity for at least 2 years.
5. Active Board of Directors or Committee providing accountability and governance.
6. Humble Spirit for receiving coaching, consultation and engaging in vulnerable community.
7. Desire to engage in DSM network and supporting of other DSM partners.
8. Willingness to engage in a mutually transformative relationship with DSM.
9. Statement of faith that unequivocally affirms a faith in Jesus Christ.
10. Receptive to honest assessment, dialogue and accountability focused on moving towards thriving and sustainability.
Steps to consider before becoming a partner
1. Review the above criteria for official Partnership with DSM.
2. Familiarize yourself with the CCDA model for ministry.
3. Fill out a Community Ministry Profile.
4. Attend a Thriving Leaders Series.
5. Stay Engaged in our DSM network!
Our capacity for taking on new partners is limited in order to maintain the quality of partnership we have experienced with our leaders. For more information or partnership or any questions please contact: Chris Fitzgerald at firstname.lastname@example.org